Sunday, July 20, 2008

Edinburgh, Scotland Mission Trip

This Friday I will be flying to Edinburgh, Scotland with 5 others from our church for my first overseas mission trip. Actually, it is my first out of state mission trip! We will be partnering with other churches to work on outreaches with a church that we support in Edinburgh. You can learn more about the church we will be working with at: http://www.centrepointchurch.org/
Scotland is very different from other areas where missionaries visit. Scotland is a post Christian country, meaning they know about God but chose to turn away. Many we will have contact with will have very hardened hearts. We will be involved in community outreaches in downtown Edinburgh sharing information about Centre Point Church and about the Christian faith. Many have been asking this week if I am nervous or afraid and honestly now that it is time to leave, I am excited and know that God will watch over us, protect us and lead us to touch many lives. I often feel inadequate for the work we will be doing over there but then I remember one of my favorite passages:

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Please be in prayer for our group who is going, for our safe travel, the families we are leaving behind for 10 days, the other churches who are joining us there, and those who we will be in contact with while we are there.

I hope to update our blog while over there so keep an eye out for updates.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stacy,
Love the blog. Can't wait until you blog your Scotland trip. I will be praying for you and the others while you are doing God's work. You Rock.

Phyllis